Real Estate Commission Approved Contracts and Forms.
In the attached document are the legal forms that I use for various real estate transactions. From a real estate broker standpoint, use of these forms is not an option. Real Estate Contracts have become complex over time and a solid knowledge of how these contracts work and should be written is something not gained overnight. Take a look at the optional contracts and feel free to browse through them so you gain some familiarity using the link above.
Many of these forms are now available through a separate service I use called CTM econtracts that allows forms to be signed electronically. You may want to check out their site and the page they have on electronic signatures. It includes a video and a tutorial! There are some solid benefits to this process which include:
- eliminates paper in the process
- eliminates faxing which can result in contracts that are difficult (sometimes impossible) to read
- allows for contract completion when buyers or sellers are in different locations
- allows for much easier addendums or changes to the contract
- provides documentation and records
- Cuts way back on confusion on what was signed and when
Colorado Department of Local Affairs
DOLA has good information regarding real estate contracts and home ownership
- Division of Housing – Puzzle of Homeownership
- Division of Housing – Real estate Contracts